You have been warned… !
These are gathered from general patterns across the blogosphere, not from anyone’s particular blog. (Well, except #4. Thank goodness we’ve only seen one blog that does that.)
- When you claim that it is poor people’s fault for being poor, or black people’s fault for being unemployed, or Hispanic people’s fault you don’t have a job, and similar things. (Note: these are not true.)
- When you attack a woman’s children because she is successful and thus cannot be doing a decent job of raising her kids. (Note: this is not true and there are better ways to justify your lifestyle choices. If you need to attack someone else’s choices that they have no cause to complain about, then perhaps it is time to re-examine your own.)
- When you’re always blaming other people for your problems. We try really hard to avoid these blogs but occasionally (we click on a tantalizing headline off someone’s blogroll and) we snap. And although in this case, our comment is generally gently worded, we have made an enemy for life (because, oh yeah, you see the worst of every single interaction you’re in).
- When you sexualize infants, children, and attachment parenting. That is just MESSED UP.
- When you’re always complaining about the SAME THING and then you go and make BAD CHOICES that are going to result in the same thing you’re always complaining about only worse. We don’t mind complaining about the same thing if it’s justified (it’s not your fault your ex isn’t paying child-support), we don’t even mind what kinds of foolish choices you make with your money, it’s the digging yourself into a deeper hole just so you can complain even more that gets to us. We try reallly hard to never read your blog again, but sometimes Schadenfreude wins, and when that happens sometimes we say something even though we know it won’t do any good.
- #1 has much more of a hair-trigger on this one than does #2. #2 is hamstrung by the fact that my browser keeps logging me out of wordpress, so leaving comments becomes a several-step process and by then I don’t care anymore.
- #1 notes that isn’t true– #1 is much better at not visiting said blogs.
- When you tell everybody that your life choice is the One True Path and that everybody else is destroying their children, is a wimp, a spendthrift, a loser, and so on.
- When you say that other people are not doing enough even though you’re not doing anything yourself. Example: telling infertile couples they should just adopt when you haven’t adopted, saying that people who don’t send their kids to public school are selfish when you’re not supporting public schools (this one even inspired a post)
- When you say that worrying about education for gifted kids is a terrible thing and you should let kids be kids. Or that kids need to stay with their same-age peers. Or that there’s no reason for kids to read early. Hulk smash.
What gets you ticked off enough to be snippy? We already know Cloud doesn’t roll that way, but what about the rest of you?