Because if you can’t brag on an anonymous blog, all that’s left is the grandparents…
- Recently took DC2 on a trip. Everywhere we went ze charmed folks. Walking across/down the street we’d hear drivers or other pedestrians tell each other that babies like ours make them want one.
- DC2 has bright eyes. Everyone says so.
- Lots of people guessed at how old DC2 was on our latest trip. Most were shocked that they were off by 2-4 months.
- We got a lot of comments about how amazingly advanced it was that DC2 was doing assisted walking at this age… but ze has been doing it for at least two months now. More if you count the time it was just newborn reflex walking.
- DC1 didn’t start solids until 8+ months. DC2 started at 4 months. Apparently this is ok because there was a pediatrics rule change, but we’ve just been going with the signs of readiness (baby wants food and doesn’t tongue thrust it out, baby can have food). Whenever we eat food ze is totally demanding. Especially ice cream.
- DC2 has been practicing the pincer grasp. We’re a bit blown away by that. But we hope it will decrease meal-time fussiness.
- DC2 recently realized that rolling over is a legit form of locomotion. Ze can now travel a plane with a combination of rolling and turning in circles. Ze still prefers assisted walking.
- DC2 can stand on hir own.
- DC2 has no fear. But ze has recently been getting a little stranger anxiety.
- On the plane ride back DC2 discovered squealing and squeaking. We really hope this phase passes quickly.
Join me… brag about your kid(s) and/or cat(s) here! Say that stuff you complain about other people posting on facebook. We promise we will only celebrate and not judge. :D