1. Using “less” when you should be using “fewer”. Fewer is countable! Less is continuous!
2. Hypocrisy in other people (mine is ok)
3. People who want everyone else to be as stupid as they are.
4. People who think they know about a topic but have a fundamental misunderstanding they refuse or are unable to acknowledge, and they complain about something they shouldn’t be complaining about anyway.
5. People who get to live with their life partner and then whine when zie has to go away on a business trip for A WHOLE WEEK. “Oh, I’ll be so loooonnnnnelyyyyyyyyy.” I want to punch them in the throat. (Exception: people who are complaining that they will be left as sole caretaker to an army of ankle- and knee-biters. For them, sympathy.)
6. Related to 5: people who think they have new ideas to solve my 2-body problem. “Can he telecommute?” Yeah, dorkus, that wasn’t the FIRST THING we thought of or anything. THREE YEARS AGO. “Why doesn’t he start his own business? He could do that from anywhere!” Go away and die. “If he needs health insurance, why don’t you just get married? Then he can get on yours.” Stop thinking you know me. See also: Go away and die. (Disclaimer: We here at Grumpy rumblings do not actually wish death upon anyone,mostly. Any deaths resulting from suggesting 2-body problem solutions are completely unrelated to this posting.)
7. Dirty kitchens and people who don’t clean up their kitchen or bathroom messes. (#2 says, I know why this peeves #1, but it doesn’t bother me as much) (#1 says… bet you don’t have a unisex bathroom at work… ewwwwwwwwww)
8. People who renege on their promises without good reason.
9. Related to 8: People who overpromise with no chance of following through. Also related: People who don’t keep their appointments or don’t show up on time.
10. Radio silence. We’d much rather be fought with than ignored.
What are your pet peeves?