In with the New Year and its new expenses. Of course, we won’t be doing our taxes until February at the earliest… And soon we will have to start saving for the long unpaid summer.
No, I totally don’t track these. I don’t save for them all year. I do use my emergency fund to pay for them. I am all sorts of lazy. But when you’re saving a large percentage of your income it’s ok to be all sorts of lazy. There’s slush.
- Car #2 needs new tires. $400. Much cheaper than on our bigger car! The guy said our tires were like 11 years old… we said no, only 6 years old. But we replaced our 5 year old tires last year on the other car with a different mechanic so we’re probably about due. That explains the driving funny it was doing.
- DC wants a birthday party like hir friends have had. ~$200
- Estimated taxes! $1334 Federal, $426 State
- Holiday baby sitting $200… no wait, 2nd half at the regular place got canceled so scrambling to find a second place now we’re at $300! (That’s on top of the regular daycare we’re paying even though daycare isn’t in session.)
- Annual HOA dues $350
- Our internet provider apparently hasn’t been billing us… we found out when they sent us a robocall telling us that they were going to shut us off. That sent off a flurry of checking credit card bills and not finding our internet provider on there. Apparently when our credit card switched numbers they weren’t able to handle that and didn’t send us a paper bill (AND our internet thing was hooked up to an old account so they didn’t send us an electronic communication either). Maybe we should have gone with cable instead of DSL. $200 give or take.
- Momma needs new black shoes. Hers are almost worn out.: $70-200, depending on what I get.
- A plus: We scored $900 in travel vouchers by voluntarily being bumped
- And, of course, bills from Christmas presents, end of the year donations, and all that eating out we did instead of cooking during the end of the semester madness. $amount unknown
How are you doing on end of the year/beginning of the year expenses?