- Starfall has MATH now! WOOOOOOOOOOOO! http://www.starfall.com
- Epic Fail on the epilator. I was prepared for pain, yes. I was not prepared for skin pinching without actually removing any hair (skin: yes, hair: no). Goodbye $80. You were an expensive lesson to learn. But I always would have wondered. (If anyone asks… I fell on concrete.)
- Happiness is gourmet food trucks coming to your academic building. :) Our little town is becoming quite the food mecca.
- I don’t think I like it when people say mean things about other people. Especially when they’re other people that I like.
- You know what pisses a formerly nice referee off? When you completely ignore large portions of her questions and are a jerk about the few that you do address (which you only address because Referees #1 and #2 asked the same thing). Sincerely regretting the decision to revise and resubmit, Referee #3. P.S. When a reviewer says, “Cite paper X,” you should cite paper X. (X isn’t my paper, but for all you know it could be!)
- Today during my 15 min class break a student NOT IN MY CLASS asked if he could get help on a problem set for the class (that I do not teach) of the woman whose office is next to mine because she wasn’t in her office. I said, “No.” He seemed shocked.
- Today after class a student asked if she could borrow my textbook for the entire semester. I said, “No.”
- An email from a student: This is my homework for the week due tomorrow. Can you check it over to see if I got it right? Answer: No. Come to office hours or ask specific questions on the class webpage in the spot designated for specific questions, as you were told in class multiple times and as it states on the syllabus.
February 20, 2011 at 6:49 am
We have some awesome f***en foode truckes outside our medical school! They should do a show Top Food Truck Chef.
Delusional student antics never fail to cracke me the fucke uppe.
February 20, 2011 at 6:52 am
Man, I should totally move to your med school. (Actually, if I could, I totally would.)
February 20, 2011 at 7:53 am
Another cool business idea…gourmet food truck. WE are lacking here.
February 20, 2011 at 8:01 am
They are teh aw3some.
February 20, 2011 at 10:43 am
We have mexican, thai, italian, vietnamese, moroccan, chinese, indian, japanese, and probably more shitte I’m forgetting.
February 20, 2011 at 11:49 am
February 20, 2011 at 3:44 pm
It’s very nice how you guys respond to almost all comments here. I’m a lazy f***e and barely even read the comments on my blogge.
February 20, 2011 at 6:17 pm
CPP, I just have a short attention span (#2 here). I can only concentrate so long on writing a federal grant application/grading/class prep/data analysis. I take blog breaks because brain becomes buggy. (See?)
February 20, 2011 at 4:14 pm
Oh, the Epilator! Yes, I’ve used it for years, and got used to it. However, if what you are looking for is not to shave, may I suggest Parissa Body Sugar Wax. Best at home wax I’ve found, you can find it at Amazon
February 21, 2011 at 11:45 am
Some day I swear I will find the time to get either laser or electrolysis.
February 20, 2011 at 4:53 pm
Gourmet Food Trucks. Wonderful. In our neck of the woods, that means having *two* brands of Fritos for the Frito pies.
February 20, 2011 at 5:04 pm
Hey, don’t knock the Frito Pie! That’s some excellent (and ubiquitous) local cuisine. I don’t think I’ve ever seen it with two brands. Do you like it crispy or broken down more like tamales?
February 20, 2011 at 5:38 pm
I like that you’ve said “no” a lot this week, especially to your adult students. ;)
February 20, 2011 at 5:49 pm
Yeah, it is bizarre. Usually they learn not to do this kind of junk first semester in our program… it’s rare I have to deal with it second semester.
February 21, 2011 at 7:40 am
We have a farmers market once a week which I avoid like the plague because it has a strange vacuum effect on my wallet while having a strange swelling effect on my body all at the same time. Amazing.
February 21, 2011 at 11:46 am
hee! Ours definitely has that wallet effect. Size-wise it isn’t too bad– we just get better salsa that we would have gotten at the store.
April 17, 2011 at 1:18 am
[…] CPP has indicated that “Delusional student antics never fail to cracke me the f*cke uppe.” […]