August is money month for both #1 and #2. We are going to take care of all of those niggling things that have been getting put aside by life. We will update you on our progress through August and September posts.
#1 is going hard-core!
- go through all my TIAA-Cref paperwork, discard the outdated stuff, file the new stuff, and sign up for paperless statements
- track my spending all month, as suggested by Your Money or Your Life
- finally get rid of my lingering retirement accounts from 2 employers ago, which have like $87 total, and roll them into my current accounts
- call my credit card companies and ask them to stop sending me those checks
- consider how much of my emergency fund I need to have liquid, and possibly invest some
- only sort of related: back up, patch, and otherwise maintain *all* computers
- Sell all individual stocks and sucky mutual funds (except the one). Reinvest. Check numbers to see if IRA possible this year.
- Force Ing to let go.
- Check out 457 plan. Decide between it and mortgage prepayment.
- Make the etrade margin account not a margin account!
- Look into moving from etrade to vanguard. Or just open new vanguard account.
- Call credit card companies and ask them to stop sending checks
- Figure out how much to deduct for dependent daycare account
- Cash in last DDA for the year
- Sign up for annual benefits (easier this year… there are fewer choices…)
- Are we Roth eligible for this year?
What are we missing? Are there any money chores we should be considering that we’re forgetting? This is the last chance until probably next August!