- Conservation of files: A filing cabinet is filled every five years, no matter what size the filing cabinet or its location and purpose.
- Feline paper displacement: Whatever you are working on or reading will be the most comfortable place in the house for a kitty. Addendum: even if your “book” is a Kindle.
- Inch = mile student edition: Anything you do above and beyond to make your students’ lives easier will come back to bite you. That is why it is above and beyond and not standard.
- Store-bought raspberry lifespan: Illustrated by Sheldon comics.
- Most people are too involved in their own lives to worry about yours on a regular basis.
- The more you need sleep so you can think clearly because of a deadline, the less you will be able to sleep because you’re a stress-case.
- If you spend an entire semester with no social life and every weekend free, you will get several invitations for events overlapping on the same day near the end of that semester.
- The more time you need, the faster it goes by.
- You will lose something in the process of organizing that you would not have lost had you not tried to organize. (Currently looking for copies of the restricted data proposal that would be on top if I hadn’t filed them…)
What Universal Truths are we missing?