- People who don’t answer my emails
- Having to remember to send reminder emails after two weeks of radio silence
Credit card companies screwing up
- Hurry up and wait and then hurry up again
- Being asked how the baby is sleeping. Just. Shut. Up.
- Boomerang chores. You finally make that call, but then you have to wait for them to call back. You set up the appointment, which reveals that you need to make yet another appointment. You manage to pick up that book from the library… which means you have to make another trip to return it.
- Booking conference travel and annoying booking sites that mess things up.
- Next semester’s class schedule playing musical chairs. No, I do not want to come up with a new elective for next semester. I swear, another section of the core course I’m teaching will have more students in it than any brand new elective I could come up with.
- The hospital sending more bills. Especially incorrect bills! Hopefully tomorrow DH will clear up their 4.5K mistake bill. (The hospital is *in network* that means we don’t owe you what BC/BS denied. Especially when what they denied is more than the cash cost of the delivery if we didn’t have insurance!)
- The physicality of my body. This quote from Jerry Holkins of Penny Arcade pretty much sums it up:
“I am not invested in my husk, so the idea that I should pay someone on television to elevate it somehow is preposterous. This is the cloud of interstellar junk that happened to congregate around my consciousness; it’s functionally a waste product. I don’t want to improve it, I want it cleaned off.”
What irritates you these days?