1. Assume anyone is pregnant unless she has told you herself.
2. Assume that the person is the nanny.
3. Assume that the person is the grandmother.
4. Assume that a person wants kids.
5. Assume that a person wants to discuss his or her fertility plans with you.
6. Assume that you have any right to comment on anyone’s fertility decisions.
7. Assume that everyone has equal access to fertility control and decision-making.
8. Say, “I’m not defending rapists, but–”
I think that about covers it for now.