The WordPress.com stats helper monkeys prepared a 2013 annual report for this blog.
The Louvre Museum has 8.5 million visitors per year. This blog was viewed about 240,000 times in 2013. If it were an exhibit at the Louvre Museum, it would take about 10 days for that many people to see it.
In 2013, there were 252 new posts, growing the total archive of this blog to 1,091 posts. There were 14 pictures uploaded, taking up a total of 4 MB. That’s about a picture per month. (We should have more pretty pictures!)
The busiest day of the year was June 24th with 1,209 views. The most popular post that day was Expanded ramblings on extreme living.
Attractions in 2013
These are the posts that got the most views in 2013.
- 1 Mr. Money Moustache vs. Laura Vanderkam 69 comments December 2012
- 2 Ask the Grumpies: TIAA-Cref vs. Vanguard Lifecycle funds 8 comments January 2013
- 3 You know you’re in the South when… 59 comments July 2011
- 4 Stupid “opinions” on gifted kids 48 comments May 2013
- 5 Ask the Grumpies: Should I get a PhD in Accounting? 23 comments March 2013
Some of your most popular posts were written before 2013. Your writing has staying power!
How did they find you?
The top referring sites in 2013 were (we love you guys!):
Some visitors came searching, mostly for grumpy rumblings, mr money mustache, nicole and maggie, you know you’re from the south when, and mr money moustache.
Where did they come from?
174 countries in all! Most visitors came from The United States. Canada & The United Kingdom were not far behind.
Who were they?
Your most commented on post in 2013 was Delurk for us today!
These were your 5 most active commenters:
- 1 rented life 189 comments
- 2 Debbie M 188 comments
- 3 bogart 178 comments
- 4 chacha1 170 comments
- 5 Comradde PhysioProffe 138 comments
Hm, we should send rented life something as a prize… Suggestions?