Wandering Scientist (aka Cloud) has mentioned that age 7 is questioning age for her daughter. DC1 is also in on it. As with Cloud, we’ve had lengthy conversations about race and inequality and gay marriage and so on in the past few months. Here’s some other random conversation starters.
- What is gummi bear juice made of? (Answer: it is a secret!) Why do gummi bears bounce? (Answer: Gummi berry juice!) Yeah, but why? For what purpose? (Answer: Um, maybe we should hook you up with some of the cartoon episodes on youtube…) There was a tv show? (Answer: Yes, that’s where the song came from.)
- How much pee do you have? How could we measure it? How much water is in the pee?
- How do people make so many cars?
- Why do people mostly have multiple [significant others] before they get married? Why didn’t daddy? Why didn’t you know what love is until you met daddy? Why is the type of love you have for your parents different than for daddy? Is the type of love for us different? How many types of love are there?
- Why is Boston so big? Why do people live in cities? Why is there more stuff in cities?
- Do you wish you could be daddy?