- We feel unloved by inside higher ed. Our last few academia posts have been completely ignored. *snif*
- Once the rising costs of benefits are taken into account, my raise this year is less than $200/paycheck additional. Still, it’s nice to have any raise– without a raise my salary would actually be going down in real terms.
- In positive money news: For the second time since we got the Civic Hybrid, the expensive electronic battery went wonky. But… it was still under warranty! YAY!!! $2,600 that we didn’t have to pay!
- DH won’t let me send this email: “We will be unable to ‘volunteer’. We pay for daycare because we have to work.” (In reply to: “Our fall festival is coming up Friday [date]. We need help starting around 9am (for set up) until 1:00pm. Usually we ask parents to work in two shifts. 9-11:00 and 11:00-1pm. Please look at your schedules, see which time will work best for you and sign up for the different booths.”) Oh well, chances are DC2 will have been kicked out for biting by then anyway. Probably while DH is away on business near the end of October and I have a p/t meeting and an exam I can’t miss or bring a rambunctious toddler to. They’ll have to find someone else to bring chips. (Thank goodness we didn’t get assigned to bring 12 sandwiches like some people were. What a hassle!)
All those h8rs on the internet who say that people who complain about being busy suck? They suck. Sometimes a person complains about being busy because they’re @#$#@ing busy [often because of other @#$ers dropping the ball on things they said they’d do]. It’s not like I LIKE being this kind of busy. I like being generally busy but without the time pressure; then I don’t complain about it– I enjoy it!
- DC2 just sight-read hir first sight word. It is, “oops”. DC1’s first sight word was “zebra.”
- In case you’re wondering whether pure white countertops in the kitchen and bathroom are a good idea: They’re not.