The WordPress.com stats helper monkeys prepared a 2014 annual report for this blog.
The Louvre Museum has 8.5 million visitors per year. This blog was viewed about 290,000 times in 2014. If it were an exhibit at the Louvre Museum, it would take about 12 days for that many people to see it.
In 2014, there were 257 new posts, growing the total archive of this blog to 1,353 posts. There were 16 pictures uploaded, taking up a total of 4 MB. That’s about a picture per month. (We should have more pretty pictures!)
The busiest day of the year was June 4th with 1,940 views. The most popular post that day was The Shoe Drop’t.
Attractions in 2014
These are the posts that got the most views in 2014.
- 1 Ask the Grumpies: TIAA-Cref vs. Vanguard Lifecycle funds 10 comments January 2013
- 2 Ask the Grumpies: Should I get a PhD in Accounting? 34 comments March 2013
- 3 The Shoe Drop’t 102 comments June 2014
- 4 Mr. Money Moustache vs. Laura Vanderkam 72 comments December 2012
- 5 Are PhDs entitled to tenured jobs? A deliberately controversial post. 50 comments March 2014
Some of your most popular posts were written before 2014. Your writing has staying power!
How did they find you?
The top referring sites in 2014 were (we love you guys!):
Some visitors came searching, mostly for grumpy rumblings, nicole and maggie, phd in accounting salary, and tiaa cref vs vanguard.
Where did they come from?
162 countries in all! Most visitors came from The United States. Canada & The United Kingdom were not far behind.
Who were they?
Your most commented on post in 2014 was Getting some kind of exercise routine
These were your 5 most active commenters:
- 1 chacha1 280 comments
- 2 Comradde PhysioProffe 187 comments
- 3 Leah 174 comments
- 4 Rosa 168 comments
- 5 Debbie M 159 comments
Hm, we should send chacha1 something as a prize… Suggestions?