We’re still not ready to get back to regular posting– ask the grumpies will have to wait at least another week to get back on the schedule. Here’s a few life updates while you wait for our wisdom to return.
- My friend with secondary infertility who has been trying to get and stay pregnant for more than 2 years and many many IVF cycles has a pregnancy that has been sticking so far.
- DH’s relative got a new job pretty much right away (via networking!). It has better benefits and pays $1K more than his old job. There’s also a little less hard labor work and a little more desk work which is good given his arthritis. He’s disappointed because they decided the salary by asking him what he got paid and then adding 1K to it, and he is pretty sure he’s underpaid. BUT it’s a better job and he won’t have an employment gap. He did negotiate for another week of vacation and they didn’t blink.
- #2’s father-in-law died recently of a stroke. Really really sad. :( I remember seeing him at #2’s wedding and he was so very proud of his son. Such a great family.
- Went to the doctor and got lots of blood tests. I have high cholesterol. Doctor said to eat less fat and less dairy and to exercise more. I already don’t eat much fat other than dairy (and use things like olive oil when cooking). Last time I had my cholesterol tested my overall level was high but my good cholesterol was making up most of that– the bad cholesterol was normal. I didn’t ask about that this time. It is always true that I need to exercise more. :/ . Also my Vit D levels were low despite my daily supplement, so now I’m on 2000 instead of 1000. That seems to have gone a long way to reduce the almost constant fatigue I was feeling.
- action item for today: https://twitter.com/gaileyfrey/status/799380085610450944