Biden is not my first choice. I think there are probably credible allegations. I think he’s probably not the person he once was in terms of being mentally all there anymore. I’m not excited about his candidacy and I really hope he picks a vice president I can get behind.
But for the next election these are my main goals.
- Get rid of the fascists in the Whitehouse
- Get rid of the racists in the Whitehouse
- Get back to something resembling evidence-based policy (this was further down before, but the pandemic has moved it up)
- Get rid of Russian spies in the Whitehouse
- Get rid of personal corruption in the Whitehouse, or at least get it down to much smaller levels that don’t hurt so many people
(After this there’s a much longer list, but these are the main ones that I feel pretty inflexible on that I do not think are too much to ask of anyone)
I am fairly confident that 1, 2, 3 and 5 will happen with Biden. I think some of 4 will happen as well, but not to the extent that a Kamala Harris or an Elizabeth Warren would have cleaned house.
Having talked to some folks “in the know” earlier this primary season, I was convinced that Biden will bring back Obama’s people as staff and in appointed positions. This is a good thing. Agencies that have been destroyed can just be replaced rather than being rebuilt. I’m voting for the infrastructure, not for the candidate himself.
So… I will be voting for the lesser of two evils in the Fall. I hope you will join me. And if Biden really does pick an awesome VP, I hope you’ll vote for the ticket, that you’ll campaign for the ticket, because of her.