- Even though DH is only getting paid 50%, he’s still working 80% or more. I caught him working on Friday this week. He really likes programming.
- Still, it seems like our house heard that he was going to be at part-time and then completely laid off and decided that now was a good time to have things break.
- Our bedroom light started flickering annoyingly (strobe is a migraine trigger for me). DH diagnosed that it was the dimmer and got a replacement dimmer switch and then swapped it out without electrocuting himself or shorting our house electricity and now it works just fine. Cost ~$8.
- A couple lightbulbs decided to go out. He replaced them.
- An A key on our electronic piano decided to just stop working. He took apart the keyboard, cleaned the contacts on the circuit board, and put it back together. Cost: Free, just lots and lots of time and screws that had to be unscrewed and rescrewed.
- The magnetic catches on the bathroom window shutters all died of plastic fatigue and stopped working at all. After I complained about the painters tape he was using to keep the shutters closed, he replaced them with metal catches that won’t die in the Southern sun. (This one actually broke a long time ago and I didn’t mind until he put tape on things– apparently I have less problem with shutters to the bathroom that are a little open, not enough so anyone can see through, but cannot stand a bunch of blue tape advertising the fact they won’t stay shut without it.) Cost: $10
- Wasp nest in the BBQ. DH killed them dead, then killed them again when the survivors decided to start a new nest near the garage. Then he bought a new cover for the bbq so this wouldn’t happen again. Cost: $4 for spray and $80 for a new cover
- There will be a separate post on the modem router that was killed by lightening because I need to find the email DH sent me explaining everything.
Have you fixed up anything lately? Or had anything fixed? Or have things been breaking?