- Don’t say men and women unless you specifically mean men and women. Do say people or adults or whatever subgroup you’re talking about.
- Dont say blacks. Do say Black people.
- Start using the singular they, or if you have difficulty with that, switch examples to plurals.
- Include “other” options in demographic surveys.
- Don’t say ghetto even if it is a jargon term in your field. Say ethnic enclave if that is what you mean.
- Instead of God giving you something, you got it from Nature or picked it up at the physics supply store (where you can also buy infinitely thin string and frictionless surfaces).
What are other language changes you’ve made?