Traffic is actually a little up compared to last year. Scalzi noted this trend too on his Whatever, so maybe blog traffic is generally up with the pandemic? Posts are up a bit (210 this year, counting this one), and comments are also up.
These are the posts that got the most views in 2020:
- 1 My cousin’s wedding December 2011
- 2 Liberty Tabletop Review: We bought cutlery April 2017
- 3 How often do you have to buy new plates and glasses: Musings on breakage April 2017 (I don’t know why this suddenly became popular, I totally didn’t notice)
- 4 Help me with countertops! (Please?) January 2019
- 5 Percentage vs. Percentage Point: A primer May 2012 (also… why did this suddenly become popular?)
I think these probably show an increase in people finding our blog via googling and perhaps a decrease in conversations across blogs (or twitter) bringing in traffic. None of these are from 2020 (which is a first– usually there’s at least one popular post for the year) and the #1 post is still from students trying to plagiarize a really common composition assignment. We have cornered the market on plagiarizing a short essay about a relative’s wedding.
According to our stats, here’s the most popular posts from 2020:
- (Not?) Seeing Family
- What are your current favorite blogs?
- Karen, co-opted
- Are we going to send the kids to school in the fall? (Spoiler: We didn’t)
- It was nice being high income while it lasted
Top referring sites were:
Most visitors came from The United States. Canada & the UK came next.
Our most commented post was Spoiled rich white boys: Sophomore English hasn’t changed in 60 years (note to self for next year: this stat is now hidden under “insights” and is no longer on site stats) (Thank you previous self! Also, self next year, it’s been further hidden in the comments part– you have to change to comments by posts and pages where it says comments by authors) (Thank you previous self!)
I can’t get the most active commenters for the year, only for some undetermined amount of time. :( These were the 5 most active commenters on that unspecified amount of time:
I think this is a first time for Steph on the leader board!
Yay Revanche! This means you get to tell us where to donate our most recent month’s proceeds from amazon sales. Either tell us and link up in the comments (if you want more exposure) or email us at grumpyrumblings at gmail if you want it to be more secret-like.
Any blog commentary or highlights from the grumpy gallery? Also, congratulate Revanche in the comments. :)