Maybe I’m just doing this as an excuse to use the habit tracker I bought from jetpens and don’t need and to get to use DC2’s Zig dot marker. There is something very satisfying about dotting a little box in a grid. (Not sponsored, just addicted.)
Last week was a bit light, but this week is really heavy at work, so I did a bit more than one would expect last week in anticipation of not being able to do much this week.
- Donation to Donors Choose classroom (not in NYC or CA) that wants Maus (there are a lot of options now!). I saw another story on books being banned.
- Donation to Donors Choose classroom (not in NYC or CA) that needs stuff for LGBT students. More LGBT books banned. This one got fully funded, and when I checked on it, they’d ended up not buying any of the LGBT swag because it was out of stock and they didn’t replace it. So I did another search and found someone (not in NYC or CA) who wanted a book with “queer” in the title.
- One of my friends recommended donating to Trey J. Hunt because he is unopposed in his primary and he’s been spending a lot of time registering voters. I don’t know if he has a chance against his evil Republican opponent, but I thought it was worth a donation, because if we don’t try, evil will definitely win. (Feel free to let me know of any candidates you support and why in the comments– maybe I’ll throw them $25!)
- Elizabeth Warren sent me a convincing email about fighting for voters rights, so I sent her some cash too.
- Wrote 10 postcards to voters supporting Tracye Polson’s runoff election in FL. I especially like the excuse to use the excess pens I’ve bought from jetpens.
- Read another article about books being banned, so supported a Donors Choose classroom that wants Between the World and Me, by Ta-Nehisi Coates.
- Read another article about books being banned, so supported a Donors Choose classroom that wants All Boys Aren’t Blue, by George M. Johnson.
- Proofread an activism newsletter before it was sent out. (Also recommended a Donors Choose classroom specific to the newsletter locality as an action item.)
- Wrote 10 postcards to voters supporting Keturah Herron in KY.
- Donation to Donors Choose classroom (not in NYC or CA) that wants a copy of the 1619 project, which is apparently *banned* in several states by name, according to a news article I read.