- Sometimes, in professional settings, it is best to keep the real authentic you to yourself. Because the real you is crazy. Authentic can be over-rated.
- I’ve taken to shutting the door of our home office to keep the baby from destroying my stuff when we’re not in there. Recently ze stopped by while I was trying to work and dragged me into DC1’s room, made sure I was distracted with DC1, and high-tailed it away without me noticing until I heard the sound of my papers crumpling. [Wow, said baby is now 3 years old…this must be an old RBOC]
- We were driving in a city and there was a Crisis Pregnancy Clinic with the tagline “Real Options”. Next door was a Hanger store. That seems about right. I feel like I should have gotten a picture.
- I learned a moderately expensive lesson– at a conference I went to Sephora with a friend. My regular sunblock must have expired because I was getting sunburn walking between the conference area and my hotel, so I picked up a very small “travel-friendly” sunblock for $20 instead of dragging said friend to CVS to get the sunblock I use that doesn’t cause me to break out (and then possibly having to toss it at airport security), figuring at that price and “for the face” it would probably be fine. The sunblock did work at blocking the sun, but also caused enormous break-outs on my face, possibly because in addition to its million other ingredients, there’s a heavy scent to it. Note to self: more expensive “face-only” beauty products aren’t necessarily better than mainstream what you get at the drugstore.
- Speaking of old things lurking, who here has kept a journal? And who has then gone back and read it later in life? That’s a baaaaaaad trip.
- I like cheese.
- There is no #8.
Not *every* blog post can be pure gold… What’s your favorite kind of cheese?