Late because #1 is overburdened with service and teaching this year and has been sick and just has not had time for much of anything. She does not like being in charge of everything, which I guess is what happens when you gain seniority and other people in seniority retire or become department chair so you end up being asked to do the service they did before they retired or got tapped for chair. :(
Traffic continues its downward trend. Again, blog traffic in general is down, and we haven’t really been doing deliberately controversial posts, we’re not on twitter, etc. Or maybe we’re just not sparking joy for people and getting weeded because of Kondomania. Comments are about the same, number of likes has more than doubled.
These are the posts that got the most views in 2018:
- 1 My cousin’s wedding December 2011
- 2 Liberty Tabletop Review: We bought cutlery April 2017
- 3 Sleep and gifted preschoolers August 2011
- 4 Googly questions and answers April 2017 (I have no idea why it got 801 views this year)
- 5 Options for handling the long unpaid summer May 2018
I think these probably show an increase in people finding our blog via googling and perhaps a decrease in conversations across blogs (or twitter) bringing in traffic. Again, only one of these is from 2018 and the #1 post is still from students trying to plagiarize a really common composition assignment. We have cornered the market on plagiarizing a short essay about a relative’s wedding.
According to our stats, here’s the most popular posts from 2018:
- Options for handling the long unpaid summer
- “Pretending” to be a Darth Vader husband is not cool or funny
- Networking FTW (part 2)!! Or how to get the job you really wanted in 10 short years
- Who is selfish? (btw, that mom is still driving way out to another bus stop)
- Fear of running out of money
Top referring sites were:
Most visitors came from The United States. Canada & India came next.
Our most commented post was DH got a 10% raise and now we’re really going to have some obnoxious money posts (note to self for next year: this stat is now hidden under “insights” and is no longer on site stats)
I can’t get the most active commenters for the year, only for some undetermined amount of time. :( These were the 5 most active commenters on that unspecified amount of time:
Man, Chacha totally fell off the map this year!
Yay Revanche! This means you get to tell us where to donate our most recent month’s proceeds from amazon sales. Either tell us and link up in the comments (if you want more exposure) or email us at grumpyrumblings at gmail if you want it to be more secret-like.
Any blog commentary or highlights from the grumpy gallery? Also, congratulate Revanche in the comments. :)